8.31.2010

Rings Part1 *{zippers}*

I was inspired on a recent trip to Target. (It happens quite often there actually).
There's been so many versions of the zipper such as hair flowers and shoe ruffles, but I saw a ring there and thought...
"YAY! A Project!" and here's what I created...

And here's how:
First warm up that hot glue gun! Get some pliers and glue that first roll like so...
(you have to use pliers for the first twist because zippers are too stubborn).

Then keep touching with glue while you roll a little more...

Once you've got your flower-center size, cut off the excess below, like so...

Now shape and glue your first pedal,
(just glue the cloth right to the bottom of the flower-center)...

Now shape and glue your second pedal,
I looped the shape and then made sure to glue it in place
so that it's in place for your next pedal...see how the excess points down at an angle?...

Continue with three more pedals...Five seems to be the magic number,
but you can play and see.

Now some of these pedal-pointies were bothering me, so I glued them down...

If you dont glue them down it could look like this...


Here's the pink Peony flower...with the points glued down...

And here's a spunky simple twist zipper flower...

Just go to a craft store and buy some adjustable rings. Glue them on and secure it.
Now all I have to do is decide which one to wear!

DON'T FORGET TO STOP BY SOON!!!

THIS WEEK'S UPCOMING POST:
RINGS PART2 (GIVEAWAY!)
If you think THESE rings are spunky, you'll have to just wait!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love these! you did such a great job!
I am having a linky party on friday so please come link up! can;t wait for your giveaway!
Joy
mommaskindacrafty.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Thank you! I'm going to get my zipper stash right now, whilst the little one is napping. Simple, cute & stylish. Love it.

FawnKreations said...

So cool!!! You are like a hand model!! =)Thanks for the tutorial!

LakshmiRP said...

So easy and yet stunning. My aunt gave a bunch of wornout zippers, now i have found the right usage for them. Thanks!

'T' said...

so fun!

Unknown said...

These are so awesome! I am going to try some variations and put up in my Stevie Nicks style clothing, hat, jewelry and accessory style store!

Thanks so much!

Barbara

http://www.SisterOfTheMoon.com

Scentsy Consultant & Director- Andrea Smith said...

Those are so cute! I must try making some for myself!

Holly said...

I love it!! I'm waiting for your next creation from the odds and ends ya picked up at the DI last week!!

hotacrossbuns said...

Love these!!! thanks so much for sharing!!!

Mruna Mistry said...

I love the white and gold pointy one..thanks for sharing...I'm going to try it!

p.s. I love your manicure...

Sweetaimee81 said...

Love it!!! your brilliant yet again :)

Sweetaimee81 said...

Love it!!! your brilliant yet again :)

Momma said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I made some! Check it out at http://thecraftycopycat.blogspot.com/2010/09/zip-itzip-it-good.html

B said...

Awesome! I'm excited to make some!

~ www.billiemonster.com ~

Michelle said...

To DIE FOR! I love them, especially the black with bronze zipper teeth!

Michele said...

wow, what a great idea! You are so very talented!
Looks fun!
I have a lavender zipper in my sewing box that I keep looking at and wondering if I'll ever use it!
Now I will!

Thomas Jackson said...

Diamond rings are best option for showing love and I am full surprise by seeing this wonderful ring which completely built with diamond. I really like that heart shape diamond ring!!
New Design Anklets

Annie Monie said...

Makers produce zippers by the billions each year, however the device had not been constantly such a success. In the early stages of advancement, zippers went through design modifications, not successful marketing efforts and a few name changes. Zippers are abundant today due to the significant perseverance of financiers, an engineer who provided the item its important final touches and World War I, when the zipper was standardized for the very first time.To know more about the history of zipper click here Mr. Zipper

Where The Diamonds Are said...

Since 1987 the CA family has specialized in importing the finest, whitest and most brilliant loose diamonds from around the world each with a GIA grading report as well as Custom created engagement rings, ladies diamonds bands and gentleman's bands. As a family jeweler we work hard to make sure you get the best diamond quality and a world class shopping experience. Charleston Alexadner, Where Washington, Maryland & Virginia Get Engaged.

https://www.wherethediamondsare.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...