8.23.2009

DECORATIVE BALLS GALORE!!!

I went DECOR BALL CRAZY! After seeing these:


and these:


I knew I wanted to hop on the wagon and try it out too!!! I also found this picture at Target!And so it begins...I bought my styrafoam balls at the DOLLAR STORE (2/$1)! I got these sticks from my front yard:

Covered the styrafoam with MOSS (also from the DOLLAR STORE).

RESULT:


Covered one in Green Split Peas!


One with Spray-Painted Rope!


One wrapped in this HEMP string:


Start like so...and just keep on going...and going...and, um...going.


One covered in Raffia and tied with a Letter P and a ribbon:

One with little Sea Shells Galore!


One with BIG sea shells (and filled in the ugly gaps with little ones)
BEACHY!


Took this DOLLAR STORE basket and took out the weaving:


like so...

Spray Painted one ball brown, and then spray painted the WEAVE I took out of the basket just a little greener.
I wrapped the "weave" around the ball once and cut it and glued and then did that about 8 times in all different directions then I actually started weaving a few of the peices, and then I cut really SMALL pieces to FILL IN the bigger gaps:


TA DUH!
Only a few glue gun blisters later...
Was it worth it? Yes
Do I still have more to make? Plenty
But at least I've got a start! (I'm thinking different colors of the basket weaves!)

21 comments:

heddomarie said...

You are so creative!

-G- said...

ok, i always love reading you, but i am duly impressed with these ideas, WOW! thanks for inspiration as always!

=) Gayla

'T' said...

oh linds, what a brilliant idea!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very AWESOME! All of it- TOTALLY AWESOME! very creative! you must have had some patience with all of these!

Amie Kirk said...

I need to hit up the dollar store!! Great job!!

Heidi said...

wow! impressive! i can't wait to try out of few of my own decorative balls...now I guess I HAVE to go to the dollar store AGAIN...LOL

Victoria said...

I love the seashell ones! Great idea! I may have to borrow this idea to decorate my office, as we are going for a beachy vibe in here :)

Unknown said...

I love your decorative balls. and I love those pictures I see in all the pictures. How fun!

Bossome Sue said...

Sweet! I may have to try some.

Lacy said...

I agree with the other 9 girls. These ARE impressive. My faves are gold rope, split pea, and basket weave.

Carol said...

Clever! I love the split pea one and the basket weave one! You did a great job.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

sweet! i am making some of those! today.

Wes and Dani said...

You decorated those really creatively! Awesome! I am inspired!

craftrookie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love these! I have got to make them! Would you mind if I featured them on sistersstuff.blogspot.com?

Staci at Craftify It ! said...

I have seen quite a variety of these floating around, but I LOVE yours and think I might just have to make some for my own house! I love that you took the basket weave out for that one...I think it is my favorite!

Thanks for sharing!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Oh I love yours!!! I am adding this post to the post I made last week about the decorative balls! Love your site! somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

Andy Porter said...

So this is what you were talking about. I'm glad you did a tutorial so I can figure out how the heck to do it. I LOVE the split pea ones and can't wait to try them out for my table decorations. Well done!

Tiffany said...

I am totally going to make some of these! Thanks for all of the ideas on how to cover them!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

After thinking about these all day long, I just had to do a separate post about these! I LOVE THEM. ALL OF THEM!!! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully, you'll get some hits from somedaycrafts.blogspot.com YUMMY!

Erin said...

so inspiring! i will be 'following' you now! amazing job!

Anonymous said...

I Love these, Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...