2.01.2010

10 WACKY BEAUTY TIPS THAT WORK

Welcome to BEAUTY TIP TUESDAY! I've been noticing that I get the most hits on my blog on beauty tip tuesday (almost double than usual), but I also get the least amount of comments. Hmmm, and then I look over at my Cuegly Search (to the left) and notice that the top searches are beauty tips. Maybe someone will dare leave a comment this Tuesday. I'd love to hear from ya!
Here's the 10 Wacky Beauty Tips!

Powdering your roots
If your hairline starts to look greasy, dig up a big fluffy makeup brush and dip it into a pot of loose powder (using translucent powder on your greasy roots). This is something you want do when you don't have time to shower; it blends into all different hair colors — don't use baby powder, use translucent as it absorbs oil.

Shave with conditioner
Ran out of shaving cream? Do double duty by coating your stems with a thick hair conditioner. It softens the hair so it's easier to shave off and it makes legs feel amazingly silky.

Make an egg white mask
To revive tired and dull skin without hitting the spa table, try this: Crack open an egg in a bowl, separate the yolk, and use the egg whites to make a face mask. The proteins help to heal and restore skin's moisture. Leave it on for five minutes, rinse off!
It's the protein in the egg white that seals in moisture in your face. So leave it on, then take a turkey baster and rinse off. Its gentle for any skin type.

Heat up your eyelash curler
If you have stick-straight lashes, try blasting your metal eyelash curler with a hair dryer for a couple seconds to heat it up so your lashes bend more easily. And use a waterproof mascara — the formula dries faster than other mascaras, so it sets the curl more effectively. It works like a mini curling iron!

Spike lotion with bronzer
If you don't have time to book a self-tanning session, mix a few pumps of body bronzer with regular hand lotion and pat it on your legs for a gradual dose of sexy, beachy color.

Soften your body with avocado
Take a ripe avocado, remove the pit and skin, and mash it up in a bowl. Slather all over your body, let it sit for 20 minutes, then rinse off. Your skin will be so soft, since avocado is a natural moisturizer.

Amp shine with vinegar
Mix one part vinegar with four parts carbonated water, and soak dry hair. Leave on for 15 minutes before you shampoo to lock in shine and combat dullness.

Press a tea bag on splotches
If you're sensitive or just looking irritated or puffy for some reason, steep a bag of green tea for a minute or two, let it cool down and dab it over your face. The antioxidants in the tea take down inflammation.

Use eye makeup remover on stubborn lipstick
Don't try to rub off red lipstick (which makes it smear across your mouth, which isn't too sexy). Instead take a cotton ball or tissue and dip it in makeup remover, and just dab to erase the dark stain fast.

A Cold Shower
Before you get out of the shower, rinse with a cold blast of water. It tightens and closes up unslightly pores of your skin as well as the cuticles in your hair, and makes you glow. I personally LOVE to take a steaming hot shower and open up every cutical and pore and rinse with cold (It doesn't have to freeze you out, just enough to feel coldish).
Happy Tuesday!

19 comments:

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

I knew most of these tips, but want to share some love via comments :) Also baby powder DOES work in a pinch. Love your blog

2sisters said...

Thanks for the tips. I do look forward to them every week. Last week you talked about grapeseed oil, where do I find that (which section of the store anyway). Thanks!
teri

'T' said...

I'm SO going to try the blow dryer on my eye lash curler today. Love your tips. Love you more. T

Chantel said...

Thanks for the tips! I only knew a few of them. These are great. I'm new to your blog, and I'm loving it!

I'm out of shaving cream, so I'm going to go use conditioner now :-)

Cori said...

I love to shave with conditioner! I'm going to have to try some of your other tips.

Renanda said...

I shave with Nioxin Scalp Therapy. I have dry skin on my legs and the Nioxin really is a treat for them. Plus its mint tingle is good for a wake-up call and smells good. Another thing I like to do is plug the drain while I am in the shower (after the shavings done, lol). My feet get to soak. Then when I am done, I can drain the water & sit on the edge of the tub to scrub my tooties with a pumice stone. It beats filling, bending, and draining a foot bath.

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome wacky beauty tips! Thank you!

Jen@Because I can said...

I love using conditioner to shave. I use it instead of shaving cream. My husband thought I was just being cheap, but I like it better! Thanks for the tips!

Stephanie - My Frugal Lifestyle said...

Where would I find some translucent powder? I could really use some today!

Unknown said...

I have actually used some of these.. thanks for the input.

YOU HAVE A BLOG AWARD WAITING FOR YOU ON MY BLOG! ;)

Nat said...

I ONLY use conditioner to shave...the cheap stuff too -SUAVE!

Emster said...

Ok I am guilty of not commenting and I wanted to tell you thanks for the bronzer and body lotion tip. Never thought of that! Thanks!

Lissa said...

I have used a lot of these for years but I am always up for new ones! I'll be doing the egg-white mask tonite! Thanks

Amy said...

I would caution to make sure you don't use warm water when rinsing off the egg white mask as it can cook the eggs and make for a super messy clean up.

Francis Family said...

I love the bronzer tip, and I also agree with the shaving with conditioner. I don't remember the last time I bought shaving cream. Great tips :)

Staci at Craftify It ! said...

Powder on my roots??? I'm going to try it...since I don't always get a shower with 2 little boys always at my ankles! Thanks for the tips:)

Heather said...

This is my first time on your blog. I love it already. you have some great ideas. Thanks!

Carrie Lynn said...

Alternating your shower with hot and cold water actually speeds up circualtion and prevents cellulite too! Carrie (http://appleinspired.blogspot.com)

Kalu said...

Those are awesome wacky beauty tips! Thank you!

Sweat Glands Armpit

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...