5.12.2011

YOYO WEEK {DAY 1}

CUFF BRACELETS!
First of all. What is a yoyo? I'm new to them even though they've been around for decades! But I've fallen in love. So I'm doing a YOYO WEEK with 7 different yoyo projects in 7 different days!
You dont know how to make a yoyo? Go HERE. Where you learn that the smaller the stitch the bigger the center hole, and the bigger the stitch the smaller the center hole.

I usually make about 10 stitches and then pull the needle through, like so...

I used this 5" wide yellow bowl as my pattern, and the flower ends up being a little smaller than half of you circle pattern.

Make 4 of them with small stitches and then fill the centers in with a different fabric, like this green burlap I glued in...

Attach the four yoyo flowers to a strip of felt and slightly over lap them depending on your wrist size (this is a stretchy elastic, because I was going to try and make it a stretchy bracelet, but decided against it, so use felt). Then glue a piece of fabric over the strip of felt to hold it in place.
Now glue down the overlapped yoyos.
(overlapping depending on your Wrist Size)

Front:

Now glue on velcro dots on the ends...

TADAH!

I truly love this bracelet.

And I made more...


This one's nifty...

And then I made a corsage bracelet...
so I feel like I'm at my high school prom all over again ;)
love it right?
I glued them on a bigger piece of felt and made straps for the velcro dots...

All the cuffs:
EASY?-Very!
Make them any style you'd like!

Stay tuned for day two of YOYO WEEK!

8 comments:

*CoUrTnEy* said...

Absolutely LOVE these!! =) They are soooo cute!!

Michelle said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them all!!!! :D

Crystal said...

Soooo cute! I will definitely be trying these!! :)

The Henderson Family said...

I LOVE the corsage style one. My favorite discovery about YoYos is that if you change the stitch length it changes the hole in the middle. Bigger stitches close it up, and tiny ones leave a bigger hole in the middle. Can't wait to see the rest of your projects!

Jill said...

i am in love with these! thanks for sharing :)
~ Jill from 'Just Dream, Jelly Bean!'

Mao Mao said...

Lovely... i'm gonna try one like this.. a variation of my wrist cuffs maybe... tks for sharing...
maomaocrafts.blogspot.com

galbraithfam said...

That is HILARIOIUS that our jersey bracelets are similar to your yoyo bracelets! Great minds think alike! Love your blog!
Becky

jujuBstash.blogspot.com

Letters to Jet said...

Love these bracelets!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...