4.09.2012

Dollhouse...beginnings

After looking and LOOKING for a dollhouse for my daughter I realized that a dollhouse is simply a shelf with a roof...right? So many people discovered this before me, but I finally realized it on my own and got to work. Target had THESE shelves on sale, so I snatched it up!
I took them to my dad's wood shop and within days he sent me this picture. I just wanted to show you the progress! It's amazing! He put on a different back panel than the original shelf, put in a couple room separators and added the roof. He went above and beyond and added 'shingles' with some old wooden blinds. He also secured the shelves with staples.
I can't wait to show the finished product when the house is furnished and decorated.

2 comments:

Beginning with Becca said...

That is such a great idea and an awesome way to save money! I'll have to remember this when I have children of my own!

http://beginningwithbecca.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable. I love the shingled roof.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...