8.18.2009

Beauty Tip Beauty Sleep


HOW TO GET A GOOD NIGHT'S REST...
***
Definition of Insomnia
***Insomnia is the failure to get enough quality sleep. In its simplest form insomnia can be defined as difficulty in falling asleep, staying asleep or waking after too short a period of sleep***
I have two young kids and a high chance of being up at least once during the night. I have Restless Leg Syndrome, and also find myself lying in bed rather than falling asleep as planned. Besides the fact that,my husband and I like to stay up late because that's are only 'together' time, since he's in school and working full time. But we're starting to get in bed earlier, and have a goal of getting 7-8 hrs of sleep every night.
So here we go!


Chamomile tea, which is made from the dried flowers and leaves of this common plant, often proves most effective when sipped a half an hour to forty-five minutes before going to bed.
(Chamomile can also reduce the histamine-based swelling produced by allergic reactions, and is an excellent solution when congested sinuses or food allergies contribute to sleeplessness).


I'm going to drink this tea every night before going to bed this week and post about my success rate next Beauty Tip Tuesday. We all know that we need our BEAUTY SLEEP. I'm sick of having dark circles under my eyes, and I'm definitely sick of being tired. I want to be

A MORE BEAUTIFUL LIVELY SELF!

Do you have trouble sleeping?

Have you tried this tea?

Do you have other remedies?

11 comments:

:: ashley :: said...

I had the hardest time falling asleep ALL night last night. I blamed the 32 oz of diet coke I had instead of dinner.. not recommended.

will, jess, gabbie, kensie, cambrie... said...

my husband has restless leg syndrome. he had a really hard time at night. i looked up a couple of things on line and realized that sometimes it is because of lack of iron...he takes one shaklee iron pill before going to bed at night and has never had a problem since. just fyi.

ps...i love your blog

Linds said...

Ewww! I have low iron! GET OUT! I'll start that NEXT WEEK! THanks SO MUCH!

'T' said...

i think herbal tea is such a winner idea. helps the tummy and nerves too.

{amy k.} said...

I've had a problem sleepin.... until I got Origins sleep spray. It's amazing! I did a post about it here:
http://amyandjeffmartinez.blogspot.com/2009/06/fridays-favorites-products.html

Linds said...

Mmm...that looks GREAT! Thanks! Lavender is good too. I'm thinking an aeromatherapy pillow spray in lavender with my cham tea! (Hence the lavander FONT in the post)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I am just so not a tea drinker- I can't stand the taste! if this works for you, i might give it a try. i do have sleep issues

From Janes Oven said...

Can't wait to see if the tea works.
I have a 7 month old so its harder at times to stay asleep.

Lisa Handly-Stewart said...

I am a nocturnal person since birth, but I also have trouble falling asleep, this is what I do. I say my ABC's backwards, you know you have to start forward then go backward (because I can't remember)It gets your brain off all that stuff that keeps running around in there, next thing you know you are asleep. I also knew an older man that got stopped by the cops after having his one Saturday night beer and they asked him to say his ABC's he asked forwards or backwards the cop says well smarta__ say them backwards. Well I guess you used to learn them forward and backward he passed. So I just want to be prepared if this should ever happen to me. Sorry so long!!!

Linds said...

HAHA! Good One. Ya I know a lot of people that can just repeat it backwords and FAST! crazy...I'd definitely be taking my time!

Jessica said...

Try some warm milk with a little honey. Keep a notepad by your bed and write down everything that pops into your head and keeps you awake. Or, while laying in bed, start relaxing your body inch by inch, starting with your toes. Slow your breathing and let your eyes sink into your head.
I'm such an insomniac, but I just go without sleep. It drives Devin crazy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...