12.12.2009

Guest Blogging {Shutters}

Dear Santa, Can I have assorted colors of Spray Paint in my stocking this year? Great. Thanks.

Hey everyone! Here's a fun quick piece of DECOR that is MUCH TOO FABULOUS!

I bought 4 very tall and large window shutters all for $8 at a yard sale this past summer. I ended up cutting them all in half making it $1 a piece!



I've transformed all but 3 of the 8 so far. Quick and simple! I take a can of spray paint (for the "undertone") and spray the edges where I know I'll sand it down the most so it will show through the top coat. {LET DRY}. Then I spray paint the WHOLE thing the color of my choice!

Such as a BLACK shutter with a RED undertone, or a RED shutter with a MUSTARD YELLOW undertone etc...

Then I took a drill and topped off my shutters with 3 hooks...


HOW GREAT IS THIS?

HANG IT BY YOUR DOOR AS A

COAT RACK/CHRISTMAS CARD HOLDER!!!


My living room was missing something...and this IVY LEAF GREEN with BLACK undertone shutter has completely won my heart!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

***


Happy Holidays Everyone! And HAPPY BLOGGING!


Linds

2 comments:

Sweetaimee81 said...

I love this linds great idea :) looks adorable. I would never have thought of that :)

Sarah said...

How did you get the cards to stop from slipping through the cracks. But a shutter today at the Re-store and a few will stay in place but most just slip right through.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...