8.18.2009

Headboard

I am striving to pull my Master Bedroom together.
THE COLORS:
I've always decorated every other room but OUR bedroom...and 4 yrs married, it's ABOUT TIME!
If you've been around awhile, you've seen some of my BLACK/WHITE projects for the bedroom. So here's yet another one!
THE HEADBOARD!!!
***First I drew my design. I'm really going for a modern funky (sexy) bedroom.

Then I made my homemade stamps using Sticky Back Foam Sheets/Wooden Blocks/Flower Cut Out.
(Used Stamps...cause I forgot to take a before pic)
I hung a flat white bedsheet up in my garage...and stamped and painted away at my design. I'm going to be making a VERY LARGE FRAME out of, basically 2-by-4's, except skinnier and light wood. And I'll be making a HUGE CANVAS out of my sheet-painting, by staple gunning it TIGHT around the frame!
This is the finished paint job...
(blurry sorry)

Here's a 'photoshopped' example of my soon to be headboard, since my room is anything BUT put together, I have a lot MORE to do before it comes together...but I'm STOKED to get it done!


***
CHECK OUT THIS WALL MURAL SHEET-CANVAS
HERE @ THE PRETTY POLICY!
Hers is DONE and framed! And OH.SO.CUTE.

18 comments:

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

You are so talented!!!
I love it!
~Amy

Unknown said...

OH MY HECK!! That is so FANTASTIC! You are amazing!! I wish I could do something like that!! I love the Black and Yellow in your bedroom!! It looks GREAT!!

~Alisha
www.homemakinghoneys.com

BJ_Mama said...

Very Original! I need to pay more attention to our bedroom...

Nicole A. said...

Love love love it! I love the black with the pops of yellow! Your so talented!!!

Brittney said...

HI SIS!! I LOVE YOUR WAY CUTE, MODERN, SEXY BEDROOM!! EVERYTHING YOU DO IS SO CUTE!! LOVE YA!!

heddomarie said...

That is so cute!! Can you come decorate my house please? :)

{amy k.} said...

I love back and white... I've been doing quite a bit more with those two! :) I love this headboard idea, you've inspired me!! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a great idea for a headboard! I loooove it. Thanks for linking up to Trash to Treasure Tuesday!

Nat said...

Looks amazing Linds! Can't wait to see the finished product. Check out my blog for pictures of our new wood floors!

Unknown said...

Linds,
You are ALWAYS so cute and clever and this is ADORABLE, ooops, wait, its CUEGLY!

Hugs,
Gina

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

When I saw your painting, I thought that looks like a cross between Pretty Policy and either Just A Girl or Poppies at Play! And it is!!! We must browse the same sites!!1 LOve your work!!!

Brittany said...

Thanks for mentioning me! I LOVE your headboard! Those colors are awesome. And what a genius idea to hang it up. I struggled in my living room floor!

Jenn said...

Looks great! Love this idea!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

I love the idea of making a canvas mural from a sheet. So creative!

Anonymous said...

Black, White, and Yellow, sleek, modern and (sexy) love'en it!!

Crystal said...

I love those colors too, I'm thinking of heading in that direction for my home office!

I have a poll up on my blog about my BIGGEST decor dilemma. Come on over and vote, I need all the help I can get!

http://imnomartha.blogspot.com/2009/08/first-poll-ever-to-paint-or-not-to.html

Anonymous said...

Amazing design!! Check out the wide range of Modern Bedroom Designs from Casamodern.com

Stitchnmom said...

I love it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...