12.12.2012

Meet Me Under the...

This was a project I had to get done fast. I made them this morning before going Visiting Teaching and it was suppose to be a really simple project. I'm sitting there, quickly glueing things down and all of a sudden...BAM!! My glue gun exploded. Seriously. A HUGE bright light POP and fireworks. And the power in my house-GONE. Knowing that my glue gun was fried (and literally smoking at the time) and that I NEEDED to get this project done A-SAP, I hurried and used the heated glue I could squeeze out of my deformed gun to finish this project in the dark. Can I just say I'm VERY lucky that I wasn't holding the gun while it decided to celebrate the 4th of July??? 

So I hope you enjoy this quick and easy gift, but even more so, 
I hope that it's more simplified than my explosion of a project.

My nice SLR NIKON also decided to spaz out the same night, (which I haven't yet told my husband...I love you honey!) I tried to think if it some how could have gotten fried from the the glue blast...but I honestly don't have a clue.  So forgive the cell phone pictures...seriously...


I wanted to give a cute gift to the ladies that I Visit-Teach.  
Something simple, 
something cute, 
something cheap 
and of coarse...
something with a THEME.  

I'm in love with the mistletoe tradition so I just rolled with it! I started by making...well...a mistletoe.
I gathered some fake flowers I had stuffed in a craft drawer and I removed all the leaves, and I took the flowers apart.

Then I cut off beads from a fake pearl necklace...

I saved the backs of the flowers that I ripped apart...

And I cut off the spiky parts so that it just looked like this...

Then I hot glued the pearl on... 

Then I hot glued in a stem (from the flowers I tore apart)... 

I made a loop with some jute twine glued some leaves (from the flowers) to the ends 
and tied a bow at the top. 
I glued in the stems (with the pearls) to look like mistletoe berries. 
And it all made a very simple and cute rustic mistletoe...

(You could add red ribbon, or a bell, or pinecone, maybe vintage lace. 
My hotglue options were minimized by this point)...

I got a couple gift boxes from the Dollar Tree...
Or you can check out THIS cute red chevron printable gift box.

I filled the box with:

chocolate kisses 
lip balm
 nail polish


So at this point I wanted to pull it all together, so I knew I needed to write a poem to go with it:

Tis the season for hanging your mistletoe,
With candles burning and all the lights down low.
White berries and ribbon are hanging above,
You must share a kiss with someone you love.
Here’s a box full of kisses and lip balm too.
Some lip scrub to help you make it all smooth.
Then polish it all off until every thing glows,
By painting and polishing your ‘mistletoes’.

I printed off the poem...and took my newly made mistletoe...


And taped them both to the top of the gift box...

MERRY KISSMAS!!


4 comments:

Mrs. Dexter said...

Oh stop it. You are the crafty queen. :)

Lacey said...

Um, can you Visit Teach me too?!? Haha! What a great example you are. Sorry two things seemed to have gone out on you in the same day! Esp. your camera! Maybe that will mean you can get the Canon you recommend? Nope, that still doesn't make it any better, that just stinks! Love the mistletoe! So clever!

Justin + Liesl said...

I absolutely LOVE IT! I might do the same for my ladies! They would be thrilled! Thanks for the idea!

xoxo
Liesl

woodsy-soiree.blogspot.com

The Duckworth Family said...

Wow...that was creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...